In the News
Free Home Marketing Evaluation
Come and see the RE/MAX Balloon take flight!
THE RE/MAX BALLOON
The RE/MAX Balloon is the most recognized, corporate symbol all over the world. The balloon grabs attention wherever it flies, standing seven stories tall with colors that are recognized immediately. It’s a popular attraction at Balloon Rallies, Air Shows and festivals in countries around the world where RE/MAX agents live & work. We hope you take the time to visit one of the listed events and witness the RE/MAX Balloon for yourself. Each event is a different type depending on the type of attraction it is booked for.
Tethered Rides both Sunrise and Sunset
RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon tether rides are exciting event for both young and old. In a tether event, passengers go up and come back down in the balloon while it is anchored to the ground at three fixed points.
A RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon night glow consists of the pilot inflating the balloon on the ground after dark. The burners of the balloon create a “glowing” effect.
All eyes turn to the skies when the RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon flies over your community. Flights vary, but last approximately one hour, and adhere to sunrise and sunset times and wind and weather restrictions.
Be sure to get there early and find a seat so you can see the RE/MAX balloon unit as it passes by with your local RE/MAX Agent.
See below where The RE/MAX REALTY Balloon will be taking flight near you and the type:
- July 12-14 – Angola Indiana, Angola Balloons Aloft – Sunset Flight - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Results
- July 20, 2019 – Munster Indiana, Grape Escape Festival – Munster Centennial Park - Sunset Flight– Sponsored by: RE/MAX Realty Associates, Inc.
- July 20, 2019 – Plymouth Indiana - Culver Lake Fest - Parade Unit - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Oak Crest Realty
- August 4, 2019 – Valparaiso Indiana, NWI Hot Air Balloon Festival at Sunset Hill Farm - Sunset Tether - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Lifestyles
- August 6, 2019 – Munster Indiana, Night Out Against Crime - Munster Community Park - Sunset Flight- Sponsored by: RE/MAX Realty Associates, Inc.
- August 10, 2019 – Elkhart Riverwalk Grand Prix – Sunrise Flight - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Oak Crest Realty
- August 30, 2019 – Marshmallow Festival – Syracuse IN – Sunset Tether - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Partners
- September 2, 2019 – Marshall County Blueberry Festival - Parade Unit - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Oak Crest Realty
- September 7, 2019 – Valparaiso Popcorn Fest – Parade Unit - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Lifestyles
- September 28, 2019 – Bremen Oktoberfest – Sunrise Tether (approx. 6-8am) - Sponsored by: RE/MAX Oak Crest Realty
- October 12, 2019 – Munster Indiana, Munster Ale Fest - Munster Centennial Park - Parade Unit- Sponsored by: Re/Max Realty Associates, Inc.
- December 6, 2019 – Whiting Indiana, Whiting Christmas Parade – Parade Unit - Sponsored by: Re/Max Realty Associates, Inc.
RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon: Wind, Weather & Safety Guidelines
Hot air balloons are an eye-catching wonder that can capture the attention of a crowd; however, as captivating as they are, ballooning enthusiasts know how important it is to keep safety top of mind.
Safety is the first consideration in all situations involving the RE/MAX hot air balloon. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations are specific regarding the safe performance of any aircraft, and the judgment of our qualified pilots is vital to ensure the safe operation of the RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon. The Pilot in Command is directly responsible for the safety of everyone involved, including the crew, passengers and bystanders.
Children under the age of 10 and elderly persons will not be allowed on a flight. Most of the landings are very smooth and without incident, however, sometimes the wind picks up and the basket ends up on its side. If this occurs, small children can end up on the bottom of the basket and elderly passengers cannot brace properly for this type of landing.
A hot air balloon is greatly affected by weather. A clear sunny day does not necessarily make ideal conditions for a hot air balloon event. The most important factor considered in a balloon flight is the wind.
Time of Day
- Calm-Light Winds (0-6mph): Prospect is good for tether and flights.
- Increased Winds (6-10mph): This becomes a marginal situation. Pilot’s discretion as to whether a flight tether can occur.
- Windy (10+ mph): 26-foot cold air inflation only. Program can be given by demonstrating use of balloon equipment, periodically blasting burners and discussing hot air balloons in general.
It is a common misconception that a hot air balloon can fly at any time of day. For flights, tethers or tether rides we have a two-hour window after sunrise and before sunset. This is the only time of day that inflation of the balloon is possible due to wind and atmospheric conditions. Inflation of the hot air balloon at any other time would endanger the crew and passengers. It is not permitted.
Do you like fun facts? Here are some fun facts about the RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon:
- The first Hot Air Balloon was invented by the Montgolfier brothers in 1783
- The first passengers were not humans but animals
- June 5 is National Hot Air Balloon Day. A celebration that marks the impact hot air balloons have had on travel and leisure.
- The RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon fleet is the largest fleet of balloons in the world!
- The RE/MAX fleet consist of 108 balloons in 26 countries on six continents.
- The RE/MAX Balloon stands as tall as a seven-story building. That’s 70’ tall!
- The RE/MAX Balloon is 57’ in diameter
- The volume of the typical RE/MAX Balloon Envelope is 90,000 cubic feet
- The RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon first appeared in October, 1978 at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It was soon adopted as the company’s logo.
- The RE/MAX Balloon turns 41 this year!
- Weight of a RE/MAX Balloon, 750 pounds
- The first RE/MAX commercials that featured the balloon were very successful that the company also adopted the slogan, “Above the Crowd®,” which made perfect sensefor a growing company that prides itself on outstanding agents.
Call Realtors, Bill Port, Rachel Port at (219) 613-7527
Bill and Rachel Port
RE/MAX Realty Associates
Remember to "LIKE" and "SHARE" us on
Indiana / Illinois